Disclaimer: All information presented here and elsewhere on this site is for educational purposes only. While we strive to provide to our readers information that is factual, we cannot and will not be held liable for any misfortunes, accidents, injuries, or other negative experiences through the real world use of the information presented. Do your own research, consult independent professionals, and above all utilize common sense.
Articles here have been written exclusively for Survival Weekly, unless otherwise noted. We do accept submissions from our readers. Please click here to learn more about submitting articles for publication on SurvivalWeekly.com.
Jim was honored to be a guest speaker at the 2011 Survival & Preparedness Conference held Memorial Day weekend in Dallas, Texas. Several of his readers requested copies of the handouts he used during his presentations on Barter and Trade as well as Survival on a Budget.
- A Dark World
- Sheltering in Place
- Brief Introduction to Survival Retreats
- Retreat Food Storage
- The Working Pantry
- Off Grid Cleaning
- But I Don’t Want to Bug Out!
- Water – Consider Sources and Needs
- The Living Off the Land Fallacy
- Looting versus Scavenging
- The Retreater (a poem) by Rick Rourke
- Staying Cool
- Bug Out Bag vs. Evacuation Kit: What’s the Difference?
- Hoarding vs. Stocking Up
- Post-Apocalyptic Bartering
- Honesty and Self-Deception
- Survival Kit Odds and Ends
- Making Beer at Home
- Planning a Post-Apocalyptic Garden
- Post-Apocalyptic Scavenging
- Black Friday for Preppers
- Lone Wolf Syndrome
- Sustainable Gardens
- Collapse Eye Care by Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy
- Animal Bites by Dr. Bones
- Looking for a “Plan B, Get Out Of Dodge” Plan? by Bill Loftus
- Adding Gold and Silver to Preps?
- How to Survive the Coming Bioengineered Viral Pandemic (Part 1) by Dave Mills
- How To Survive the Coming Bioengineered Viral Pandemic (Part 2) By Dave Mills
- Emergency Power Preparedness
- Triage for Mass Casualty Incidents (Part 1)
- The Survival Sick Room
- Top 4 Most Forgotten Items for Food Storage
- When Is It Time To Bug Out?
- Last Ditch Shopping — Think Outside The Box
- Mental Health Prepping
- Minimalist Approach to EDC
- Prepper or Packrat?
- The Importance of Adaptability
- Outrunning the Bear
- Surviving a Bomb Blast — Are You Prepared?
- Paracord Survival Bracelets 101
- Cheap Entertainment for the Bug Out Bag
Jane-Alexandra Krehbiel is an experienced registered nurse. She has begun a series of articles for Survival Weekly, focusing on medical topics of interest to survivalists and others interested in emergency preparedness.
- The Survival First Aid Kit
- Hydration and Rehydration Solutions
- Chicken Pox and Shingles
- Advance Survival Planning for the Medically Fragile
- Initial Treatment of Traumatic Injuries
- Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Tools of the Trade
- Lyme Disease
- Expanding Stockpiled Medications
- Potassium Iodide and Potassium Iodate and Their Use In Radiologic Emergencies
- Distraught in a Disaster
Sunshine Brewer is an expert on edible and medicinal plants. She is a respected lecturer and teacher of these and other survival skills. Shine has graciously agreed to share with our readers some of her knowledge through a series of articles. We at Survival Weekly highly recommend her book, Coast to Coast Survival Plants, found here. Shine also hosts a twice weekly chat session here where she discusses primitive survival techniques and answers questions. The chats are held on Sundays and Tuesdays, 7:00PM-9:00PM CST.
- Ground Ivy
- Wild Mustard
- Day Lily
- Wood Sorrel
- Planting an Herbal Garden – 10 common plants for 10 common ailments
- Black Raspberry
- Stealth Gardening
What If is a series of short articles presenting various scenarios or topics you should think about NOW, before they happen to you in real life.